Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bottle top pendents

   I started this project about a week ago, I had a lot of trial and error to learn.  I have some progression pictures, but bear with me I am new at blogging about my craft projects. I will get it soon though, I may have to hire some extra hands, yeah? I got this idea trying to figure out what to do with all the bottle tops we had saved up, so I looked around and found the supplies I needed to make pendents out of them. Now, I saw very interesting ideas and projects done with bottle tops, but I wanted mine to be different.So I decided to make shadow boxes at first (I still need to work on adding more 3-dish embellishments, soon.) Check back later to see what I come up with. :)
First I put together just a simple design and a gold star, gives it something nice huh. (Before resin.)
I then added beads, and after lunch at a local Chinese restaurant I decided to put fortunes in the bottle tops.







Finished products! As you can see I decided to hand write some, gives them a little something, huh. These I made into chokers (14"), I will make longer chains of course in the future. I have many more, and will post a gallery type post later, I had run out of battery life in the middle of my photo shoot yesterday. Opps.

To purchase go to Artfire.com studio  More coming soon...


Share